Thursday, July 31, 2014

August Playlist

Posted by Abby at 11:25 AM
I am constantly listening to music and trying to find new bands to follow, and recently I have been listening to so many great artists.  Some of them I just found out about, and others I have known about for years, but I have been playing their music nonstop.  I picked only one song from each artist, which was extremely difficult to do because all their songs are flawless, but either way you should check them all out on Spotify or Youtube.

1. Paper Knees // The Careful Ones

I heard this song playing in the background of a Youtube video and immediately looked it up.  This is my favorite song from the album, but all of the tracks are really great.  I've been listening to the album for only a couple weeks now, but it already one of my favorites.









2. We'll Be Fine // Action Item

I literally just heard about these guys two days ago.  I saw them open for MKTO and immediately fell in love.  This was my favorite song they performed.  Their energy on stage was contagious, and I got to meet them after the show and they were such nice people.  Definitely listen to them!!  They only have a few songs on Spotify but I think you can find more on Youtube.







3. Wild Things // San Cisco

My friend told me about San Cisco a few months ago and I have been listening to them all summer.  It was very difficult for me to pick just one song from them, since all of them are so great.  I love Wild Things, and the music video for it!!  You should also listen to Fred Astaire.








4. Gold // Sir Sly

This is another band I got to see live, when they were opening for The 1975 a few months ago.  They were such great performers!!  This song is by far my favorite.










5. Menswear // The 1975

Asking me to choose a favorite song from The 1975 is impossible for me.  I've been listening to this album everyday for a few months now, it's always playing in my car, and I don't think I could ever get bored of it.  As I mentioned before, I got to see them perform live and it was the most amazing concert.  Listen to this album.  That's the best advice I can give you.







6. 3005 // Childish Gambino

I fell in love with Donald Glover when he was on Community, so when I heard about his album Because The Internet, I was very pumped.  I love this song, I love him, and you will too.










7. The Man // Ed Sheeran

So you may have heard of this guy, he's just a bit famous, but Ed Sheeran's new album finally came out.  Everyone is already in love with it, as am I.  The Man is my favorite song right now, but my favorites tend to change a lot with this album.









8. Lost Queen // Pharrell Williams

I am a huge fan of Pharrell's, not just this album, but of all the work he does producing and collaborating with other artists as well.  Lost Queen, Come Get It Bae, and Hunter are my favorite songs from his album.









9. 18 // 5 Seconds of Summer

5 Seconds of Summer have recently become the biggest news in music.  They just released their debut album, and I have been listening nonstop.  I've been a fan of their's for quite a long time now, and seeing them go from youtube covers to playing small venues to where they are now has been incredible.  I love every single song on this album, and couldn't be any prouder of these guys.







10. Band Boys // Tiffany Houghton


So Tiffany Houghton was another artist I got to see open for MKTO a couple of nights ago.  She is such a talented singer, and her band was amazing (and the drummer was gorgeous).  Band Boys is a cute little song about boys in bands (shocker), but there isn't any recorded version, so you can only listen to live performances.







This is just some of the music I have been super into at the moment.  Let me know if you also like any of these artists, and who else you have been listening to lately!!

13 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog. I've been reading through some of your posts and am loving them.

    Because of this post I am addicted to Tiffany Houghton. I've never heard of her before, but I am now obsessed with her song High and Band Boy.

    I've been in love with 5SOS lately too. 18 is so good. Great post. xx

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com
    gmcginniss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm so happy!! Thank you :) Yeah, Tiffany is great. Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 18 by 5SOS..Nice post.Really like it! :)
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the 1975's whole album! i've nominated you for the liebster award tag on my blog!

    http://septembrclouds.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their album is perfect :) And thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. I love this playlist. I've seen San Cisco live and they are amazing. I've been loving 5sos, Ed Sheeran and the 1975 as well this month too x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea for a blog post! Love 'Paper Knees'

    Freya x

    http://freyasfindings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 

absterdam Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos