Friday, September 5, 2014

Two Weeks In

Posted by Abby at 6:38 PM
I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I should write about here.  Over the summer, I was so focused on making posts that other people would like, and I had enough time to put together nice posts pretty regularly.  Since school has started up, though, I've been too busy to post as often as I would like to, and I've completely run out of ideas.

This blog has become one of my favorite things in the pretty short amount of time since I've started it, and I want to continue posting.  So, I think until I figure out exactly what I want from this blog, I'm going to use it more as a journal.  I'll update about what's been going on in my life and if a random, bright post idea comes to mind, then I'll write about that.  Until then, I don't want to stop writing.

I recently went away to university and have just finished my second week of classes.  I'm already very comfortable in this new city, but I don't know if I would go as far as to say that I'm fully happy here.  I don't know many people, I miss my old friends, and I have this constant feeling in the corners of my mind that I'm being replaced.  Besides all that, though, I have managed to have some good times so far.

Here are some pictures I took while exploring the campus.  Bricks and spanish moss are a lovely combo.  Sadly, it's too hot and rainy out right now to be outside for too long.



I have also been going to this ice cream/coffee shop like twice a week because it is adorable and the food is delicious and it just makes me very happy.  Here is a milkshake and a carrot cake cookie sandwich thing which absolutely amazing that I had a few days ago.


The rest are just some random pictures that I've taken so far.  I was going to add a lot more, but this post is already getting sort of long.  Hopefully I will start to know more people around here soon, because it's kind of lonely at the moment.





11 comments:

  1. oh those cookies look lovely!! !:)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love the idea of using it as a journal! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Campus looks nice and that hairstyle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! I'll go check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a sweet blog!! Can't wait to see more of your future posts- loved your dorm one especially!! We're following you now on GFC :D Have a lovely day xoxo

    www.junkjournal100.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures!

    ~ mikéla
    simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete

 

absterdam Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos